Tinos to Evdilos Ferry

The Tinos Evdilos ferry route connects Cyclades Islands with Ikaria. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, SeaJets. The crossing operates up to 2 times each week with sailing durations from around 3 hours 40 minutes.

Tinos Evdilos sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Tinos - Evdilos Ferry Operators

  • SeaJets
    • 2 Sailings Weekly 3 hr 40 min
    • Get price

Tinos Guide

Located in the Cyclades group of islands, the Greek island of Tinos lies in the Aegean Sea and is situated close to the islands of Andros, Delos and Mykonos. Originally named Opiussa and Hydroessa in ancient times, the island is home to the Church of Virgin Mary, or Evangelistria Church, at Hora which is one of the grandest churches in the whole of Greece. The church was built on the site where the Orthodox Image of the Virgin Mary was found, following a vision by nun Pelagia, between 1823 and 1831. Of traditional architectural style, the spacious church has many arches and is made up of two floors with many other smaller buildings in its courtyard. Another popular attraction on the island is the Monastery of the Lady of the Angels at Kechrovouni which was built after three sisters had the same vision of the Virgin Mary telling them to build a monastery at a specific location at Kechrovouni, where they saw a strange light.

Tinos is connected by boat to the ports of Piraeus and Rafina and also to the islands of Andros, Syros and Mykonos, and to almost all of the Cycladic islands.

Evdilos Guide

The Greek town of Evdilos is located in the northern part of the island of Ikaria which lies in the north Aegean Sea. The town, which was amphitheatrically, was only built after 1830 following the end of pirate attacks on the island. The town was the island's temporary capital before Agios Kirikos was declared the capital during the second Turkish Occupation between 1834 and 1912. The town's name means 'visible and freely rendered open horizon'. Today, the town is home to the island's second port and is the centre of the northern, central and western parts of the island. Together with the settlements of Arethousa, Dafni, Karavostamo, Manganitis, and Frandato, they form the community of Evdilos with around 2,400 permanent inhabitants.

The island's terrain is characterised by mountains, lovely rivers and spectacular gorges and is popular with hikers. However, the island also has some lovely sandy and pebble beaches some of which are fairly secluded that are difficult to access, even by car. There is certainly something for everyone on the island.