Nisyros to Lipsi Ferry

The Nisyros Lipsi ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Dodecanese Islands and is currently operated by 2 ferry companies. The Blue Star Ferries service runs up to 1 times per week with a sailing duration of around 4 hours 10 minutes while the Hellenic Seaways service runs up to 1 times per week with a duration from 4 hr 10 min.

So that’s a combined 2 sailings on offer per week on the Nisyros Lipsi route between Dodecanese Islands and Dodecanese Islands. Compare now and get the best fare at the time that you want to travel.

Nisyros - Lipsi Ferry Operators

  • Blue Star Ferries
    • 1 Sailing Weekly 4 hr 10 min
    • Get price
  • Hellenic Seaways
    • 1 Sailing Weekly 4 hr 10 min
    • Get price

Nisyros Guide

Located in the Dodecanese group of islands in the Aegean Sea, the island of Nisyros lies between the neighbouring islands of Kos and Tilos. The island's coast has a few sandy beaches, which are generally located in the north east part of the island, but generally the Nisyros coastline is characterised by rocky or pebbled beaches. The island's volcano is active but luckily for tourists it is not erupting and Fumaroles can be found at the craters. According to Greek mythology, the island was formed when Poseidon cut off a part of Kos and threw it onto the giant Polybotes to stop him from escaping. Fifth century ancient walls, which were originally part of the acropolis on the island, can be found near Mandraki and the island's ancient name was Porphyris.

From the island's port there are conventional and high speed ferry services that generally depart to the other islands of the Dodecanese. There are also services to the Cycladic islands and also to Crete, but usually via another island.

Lipsi Guide

Lipsi is a Greek island that is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies between the island of Patmos and the island of Leros. The island, which can trace its history back to prehistoric times, is the largest island among a complex of smaller islands and islets and collectively form part of the Natura network. The island as we know it today was founded in 1669 by a Cretan named Illias and was later officially united with Greece in 1948. Popular attractions on the island include the Church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the Town Hall and Museum. Contained within the church you can see the icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to around 1500. Also of interest to visitors is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Also of interest is the Panaghia of Haros, which dates back to 1600, which is situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town and is where you can see the only icon in Greece depicting the Virgin Mary holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms instead of the infant Jesus.