Thessaloniki to Evdilos Ferry

The Thessaloniki Evdilos ferry route connects Greece with Ikaria. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 24 hours 45 minutes.

Thessaloniki Evdilos sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Thessaloniki - Evdilos Ferry Operators

  • Hellenic Seaways
    • 1 Sailing Weekly 24 hr 45 min
    • Get price

Thessaloniki Guide

The second largest city in Greece is Thessaloniki which is also the capital of the Macedonian region of the country. The city lies on the northern edge of the Thermaic Gulf and is bounded by Mount Chortiatis to the south east and the Gulf to its east. The city was founded by Cassander of Mecedon in 315 BC and went on to become an important city during Roman times when it became the second largest and richest city in the Byzantine Empire. The city was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in recognition of the many Byzantine monuments in the city which includes the Paleochristian and Byzantine monuments of Thessaloniki. Also in the city are a number of Roman, Ottoman and Sephardic Jewish monuments. Thessaloniki is regarded as the cultural capital of Greece and has many theatres and arts venues. The city's main theatres, run by the National Theatre of Northern Greece which was established in 1961, include the Theatre of the Society of Macedonian Studies, where the National Theatre is based, the Royal Theatre (Vasiliko Theatro), Moni Lazariston, and the Earth Theatre and Forest Theatre, both amphitheatrical open-air theatres overlooking the city.

Ferry services from the city's port depart to Varthi via Lemnos, Mitilini and Chios and then on to Kavala. Passenger facilities in the port include waiting rooms, cafes, information desks and public telephones.

Evdilos Guide

The Greek town of Evdilos is located in the northern part of the island of Ikaria which lies in the north Aegean Sea. The town, which was amphitheatrically, was only built after 1830 following the end of pirate attacks on the island. The town was the island's temporary capital before Agios Kirikos was declared the capital during the second Turkish Occupation between 1834 and 1912. The town's name means 'visible and freely rendered open horizon'. Today, the town is home to the island's second port and is the centre of the northern, central and western parts of the island. Together with the settlements of Arethousa, Dafni, Karavostamo, Manganitis, and Frandato, they form the community of Evdilos with around 2,400 permanent inhabitants.

The island's terrain is characterised by mountains, lovely rivers and spectacular gorges and is popular with hikers. However, the island also has some lovely sandy and pebble beaches some of which are fairly secluded that are difficult to access, even by car. There is certainly something for everyone on the island.