Kastelorizo to Evdilos Ferry

The Kastelorizo Evdilos ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Ikaria. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 15 hours 25 minutes.

Kastelorizo Evdilos sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Kastelorizo - Evdilos Ferry Operators

  • Hellenic Seaways
    • 1 Sailing Weekly 15 hr 25 min
    • Get price

Kastelorizo Guide

Located in the south east Mediterranean Sea, the Greek island of Kastelorizo lies around 2 km off the south coast of Turkey, 570 km to the south east of Athens, midway between the islands of Rhodes and Antalya and 280 km from Cyprus which is to the south east. The small island, which measures around 9 sq. km., has three capes: Agios Stefanos to the north, Pounenti in the south west and Nifti in the east. Located on a wide bay, between the capes of Agios Stefanos and Nifti, is the island's main harbour and only town.

The island's terrain mainly consists of high mountains which lead to cliffs down to the sea. In the more fertile areas of the island you can see olives, grapes and beans growing. The houses in the island's town are of Anatolian style and tend to be slender with timber balconies. To the east of the entrance to the harbour there is are remnants of a single story, former Italian governate, erected in 1926. Close by, is the island's former Ottoman mosque which dates back to the second half of the 18th century. The building has since been restored and is now a museum.

Ferries from the port connect the island to Rhodes, Kos, Nisyros, Piraeus, Kalymnos, Symi and Astypalea.

Evdilos Guide

The Greek town of Evdilos is located in the northern part of the island of Ikaria which lies in the north Aegean Sea. The town, which was amphitheatrically, was only built after 1830 following the end of pirate attacks on the island. The town was the island's temporary capital before Agios Kirikos was declared the capital during the second Turkish Occupation between 1834 and 1912. The town's name means 'visible and freely rendered open horizon'. Today, the town is home to the island's second port and is the centre of the northern, central and western parts of the island. Together with the settlements of Arethousa, Dafni, Karavostamo, Manganitis, and Frandato, they form the community of Evdilos with around 2,400 permanent inhabitants.

The island's terrain is characterised by mountains, lovely rivers and spectacular gorges and is popular with hikers. However, the island also has some lovely sandy and pebble beaches some of which are fairly secluded that are difficult to access, even by car. There is certainly something for everyone on the island.