Patmos to Evdilos Ferry

The Patmos Evdilos ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Ikaria. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. The crossing operates up to 1 times each week with sailing durations from around 2 hours.

Patmos Evdilos sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Patmos - Evdilos Ferry Operators

Patmos Guide

Located in the Aegean Sea, the Greek island of Patmos is part of the Dodecanese group of islands. It is one of the most northerly islands in the Dodecanese and lies just off the west coast of Turkey. Patmos' capital is the town of Chora and its port is in the town of Skala. The island, which is also known as the "island of the Apocalypse" is popular with tourists from around the world. However, there is more to the island than this. It is a pretty island with traditional whitewashed houses, crystal clear waters, excellent food and a thriving nightlife.

The Cave of the Apocalypse, a major visitor attraction, is reputedly to have been the cave where Saint Ioannis heard the voice of God and wrote the Apocalypse. In the cave, visitors can see the cross engraved by Saint Ioannis along with three small cracks on the rock through which the voice of God came, symbolising the Holy Trinity.

Patmos is connected by ferry to Piraeus, the other islands of the Dodecanese, and also with other islands of the Aegean Sea, like Samos and Ikaria. The ferry from Piraeus takes about 7 hours to reach the port of Patmos. The journey to the nearby islands of the Dodecanese take about 1-1.5 hours, while the trips from Ikaria or Samos take a little longer.

Evdilos Guide

The Greek town of Evdilos is located in the northern part of the island of Ikaria which lies in the north Aegean Sea. The town, which was amphitheatrically, was only built after 1830 following the end of pirate attacks on the island. The town was the island's temporary capital before Agios Kirikos was declared the capital during the second Turkish Occupation between 1834 and 1912. The town's name means 'visible and freely rendered open horizon'. Today, the town is home to the island's second port and is the centre of the northern, central and western parts of the island. Together with the settlements of Arethousa, Dafni, Karavostamo, Manganitis, and Frandato, they form the community of Evdilos with around 2,400 permanent inhabitants.

The island's terrain is characterised by mountains, lovely rivers and spectacular gorges and is popular with hikers. However, the island also has some lovely sandy and pebble beaches some of which are fairly secluded that are difficult to access, even by car. There is certainly something for everyone on the island.