Guernsey to Cherbourg Ferry

The Guernsey Cherbourg ferry route connects Guernsey with France. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Condor Ferries. The crossing operates up to 2 times each week with sailing durations from around 2 hours 30 minutes.

Guernsey Cherbourg sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.

Guernsey - Cherbourg Ferry Operators

  • Condor Ferries
    • 2 Sailings Weekly 2 hr 30 min
    • Get price

Guernsey Guide

Forming one of the Channel Islands in the English Channel, the island of Guernsey is a possession of the British Crown and lies around 50 km to the west of the Normandy coast in France and 120 km to the south of Weymouth, on the south coast of England. The island has a milder climate than much of the UK which is why the island's inhabitants seem to make the most of the outdoors. There are beautiful beaches to visit, cliff paths to trek along and some island hopping to be had. During the summer months, a spot of 'al fresco' dining may even be possible. Guernsey's capital, St Peter Port, is characterised by its pretty cobbled streets and beautiful marina.

There are many things for visitors to see and do on the island. The island's spectacular coastline and countryside provide the backdrop to pursue a wide range of outdoor activities including coasteering, climbing, cycling, diving, kayaking, surfing, windsurfing and sailing.

The island's port is also in St Peter Port and is only a 10 minute walk to the city centre. The ferry terminal provides services to other Channel Islands, France and the UK mainland. The terminal building has many shops and restaurants.

Cherbourg Guide

The town and port of Cherbourg is located on the Cotentin Peninsular in the Manche department of Normandy in the north west of France. The town's port is perhaps best known as a cross channel port serving ferries travelling between the United Kingdom and France. One of the most popular attractions in the town is the Museum T. Henry which was founded in 1831 following a donation of more than 160 paintings by Henry, commissioner of the Royal Museums. Today, the museum has a collection of 300 paintings by French, Dutch and Italian artists stretching back from the present day to the Middle Ages. Contained in the collection are "The Ascent to Calvary" by Murrillo, "Christ Died" which is attributed to Filippino Lippi, and the "Conversion of St. Augustine" by Beato Angelico.

Also in the town and popular with visitors is the 12th century Abbey du Voeu which was dedicated to the Virgin. The church was consecrated in 1181, during the reign of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine, who were present at the ceremony.

Ferry services from the port depart to Poole and Portsmouth in England and to Rosslare in Ireland.